In order to place your site on the Internet, you need a special place. Such storage places are hard disks of special computers with constant high-speed Internet access and equipped with the necessary software. Such computers are called a server or a hosting server. In this article, we will discuss the purpose of using web hosting.
Why do we choose web hosting?
The rapid growth of the number of sites on the Internet is forcing resource owners to pay more and more attention to their promotion. The commercialization of the network has had a decisive impact on the promotion of sites. This topic is relevant today because we live in an information society in which modern man uses the Internet every day, visits sites, and draws information from them. Therefore, it is important to understand what determines the success of site promotion and how it affects the effectiveness of sales of goods and services
Hosting is a service that provides disk space for storing physical information on a server that is constantly on the network (for example, the Internet). Typically, hosting services refer to at least the service of hosting site files on a server running software necessary to process requests for these files (webserver). As a rule, hosting services already include the provision of space for e-mail correspondence, databases, DNS file storage, etc., as well as support for the operation of relevant services, but they can also be provided separately.
Hosting is a place to store web documents and various media resources. But it is needed not only for the site to respond to user requests around the clock. Here are some more features:
- for the site. Hosting provides the site with software, servers – uninterruptible power supply, quality Internet channel, professional support – everything you need for the proper functioning of the site;
- email hosting is needed to store contacts, emails, filter spam, do redirects, and more. There are two types of email hosting: part of virtual and professional;
- for a security certificate. The SSL certificate provides an encrypted connection of the user’s secret data to the server;
- for the application. Some mobile and computer applications will require a separate place on the Internet. After all, applications can also exchange messages and resources.
Ways and methods of site promotion
There are the following methods:
- SEO (search engine optimization) – is a set of measures to improve the position of the site in search engine results. A classic SEO campaign consists of, in fact, internal optimization of the web resource and increasing the volume of external links to increase ranking.
- Contextual advertising – the use of banners and advertisements relevant to the subject of the promoted web resource, or ads that attract a potential buyer to the site.
- Link exchange – placement of an advertising link on another web resource (on a paid basis or on the terms of the appropriate placement of an advertising link on your own site).
- Promotion through social networks – attracting potential customers from social networks.
- Promotion through the blog – posting materials and links to the web resource in private thematic blogs.
- Promotion through articles – publication of thematic articles and press releases with links to the promoted web resource.
- Promotion through forums – initiating discussions on forums, creating separate topics with a mention in the comments, messages of the site being promoted.
All of the above types of site promotion are effective, and each of them is able to become the main source of attracting potential customers to the site.